Aircraft Structures and Repair Analysis
- Design and Repair Considerations 3 Hours
- FARs Pertinent to Aircraft Maintenance
- Safe Life and Fail-Safe Criteria
- USAF Damage Tolerance Guidelines
- Continued Airworthiness of Structural Repairs on Transport
- External & Internal Loads
- Aircraft Parts Subjected to Major Repairs 5 Hours
Box Beams, Wings and Control Surfaces, Skin Panels, Stringers, Chords,
Spars, Compression Members, Struts, Fuselage, Longerons, Cargo
Compartments, Slats, Leading Edges, Pressure Bulkheads, Empennage,
- Engine Mount Design Fundamentals 2 Hours
- Materials Properties and Selection 4 Hours
A, B & S Values, Grain Orientation Effects, Comparison of Several
Aluminum Alloys, Fatigue and Crack Growth Properties, Steels, Titanium
Alloys, Composites, Stress Corrosion and Hydrogen Embrittlement,
Shot Peening, .....
- Joints and Splices 5 Hours
Mechanical Fastening Systems--Bolts, Screws, Nuts, Washers, HiLoks,
Rivets, Single Shear, Double Shear, Joint Load Distribution, Analysis & Allowables,
Oversize, Fastener Allowables, Shearouts, Countersinks, Edge Margins.
- Repair Design 10 Hours
Tips and Guidelines, Allowable Damage Criteria and Minimal Cleanups,
Eccentric Loads, Shims, Plugs, Stress Concentrations, Doublers,
Trim Outs and Blend Outs, Dents, Dings, Bushings, Fatigue Inhibitors,
Crack Retardation, Coldworked Holes, Shear Ties, Shear Beams, SRM
Repair Examples, ....
- Composite and Bonded Repairs in Aircraft 3 Hours
including Damage Tolerance of Repairs, & Repair Structural Integrity
An additional chapter on Damge Tolerance Analysis of Structural Repair
on Aircraft will be added.